We mark our 8th market season with the opening of a second market on Eugene’s west side. The Growers Market at the Bailey Hill Market, located at 3190 Bailey Hill Road, runs each Wednesday evening from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m from May 31st to October 4th. Stop by and check it out when you’re in the neighborhood!
Our market at the Spencer Creek Grange will continue to take place each Saturday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., and this year will run from May 27th through October 7th. We set up behind the Grange, in the shade of mature pine and fir trees. The Spencer Creek Grange is located at 86013 Lorane Highway at the corner of McBeth Road in Eugene.
Instead of commercial farmers, our sellers are largely backyard growers and hobby farmers offering locally grown fresh fruits, vegetables, pasture-raised meats, eggs, nursery plants, plant starts and much more. Our market also includes many crafters and food artisans.
Check out our Market Reservations pages during the season for a weekly preview of what you can expect to find at each market:
Both markets accepts SNAP (Oregon Trail Cards), which can be used to buy vegetables, fruits, meats, fish, nuts, honey, bread, grains and edible plant starts and seeds. Also, thanks to a generous matching grant from Helios Resource Network, both markets have joined the Double Up Food Bucks program, giving SNAP customers an opportunity to double their SNAP dollars by purchasing fresh, dried or frozen whole or cut fruits and vegetables from participating vendors (edible plant starts and grains are not eligible). Up to $10 in tokens will be matched with $10 in Food Bucks. This means you can get up to $20 worth of food by drawing just $10 from your SNAP account.
Some of our produce vendors also participate in the following two programs funded by the USDA:
- WIC Farmers’ Market Nutrition Program (FMNP). A variety of fresh, nutritious, unprepared, locally grown fruits, vegetables and herbs may be purchased with FMNP coupons.
- Senior Food Direct Nutritional Program (SFDNP). If you’re a senior, or if you know a senior eligible for food stamps, sign up now for SFDNP in order to receive coupons for fresh locally grown fruit, produce and cut herbs from vendors that are authorized to accept these coupons at our market.
The Spencer Creek Growers’ Market is a 501(c)4 non-profit organization. The volunteer board of directors consists of local residents, local food growers and producers and area business people.
The Spencer Creek Growers’ Market is committed to providing a venue for neighbors to sell their locally produced agricultural items with an emphasis on sustainable and healthy growing practices, while encouraging and supporting local food production efforts through the fellowship of community.
Any individual in our community can become a member, whether they are a vendor, shopper, or just a visitor.
1 . Pay $15 yearly membership dues. Benefits:
- Sell at the market when your products are approved
- One free classified ad in our newsletter “The Market Monthly”
- Wholesale prices at Hummingbird Wholesale through our members’ buyer club.
- The satisfaction of joining and supporting an organization which is laying down the foundation for food independence in our community.
2 . Then, attend 6 markets per year for the additional FULL membership benefits:
- One free lunch at Café La Grange (oo-la-la!)
- Special invitation to the end of season celebration party for members
- Your name automatically entered in a chance to win a Work Party at your home for your gardening/food production project!
- Elect or run for the board of directors at the annual membership meeting in October (if you visited/shopped or sold at least six markets in 2016, then you’ve already met that qualification!)
|Rachel Marcotte||Jen Michaud||Genie Harden||Glenn Harden||Ellen Oare||Norm Waterbury|